The Asus G53JW does have a factory recovery partition to “clean” install the operating system. As always make sure to make recovery disks or system image after reinstalling, so you have a set. If your hard drive is failing or has failed, the recovery partition on the bad drive will be of no use to you. That’s when you will need your recovery disks or system image disk you made to reload the operating system.
After unpacking this laptop out of the box, it took 5 DVD’s to burn the recovery disk(s) image. With all the Asus software, drivers etc that is included in the factory recovery partition.
PLEASE NOTE: any of these procedures WILL ERASE ALL data from your computer. Make sure you keep backups of all important data at all times!
Using the Asus Factory Recovery Partition (on selected models)
1. Press [F9] during bootup
2. Press [Enter] to select Windows Setup [EMS Enabled]
3. Select the language you want to recover and click Next
4. Read the ASUS Preload Wizard messages and click Next
5. Select a partition option and click Next. Partition options:
Recover Windows to first partition only:
This option deletes only the first partition and allows you to keep other partitions, and to create a new system partition as drive “C”.
Recover Windows to entire HD:
This option deletes all partitions from your hard disk drive and creates a new system partition as drive “C”.
Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions:
This option deletes all partitions from your hard drive and creates two new partitions “C” (25%) and “D” (75%).
6. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the recovery process.
Or using the recovery cd’s made by owner/user:
1. Insert the Recovery DVD into the optical drive. Your Notebook PC needs to be powered ON.
2. Restart the laptop. Press ESC when you see ASUS logo and then select the optical drive (may be labeled as “CD/DVD”) from ODD. Press [Enter] to boot from the Recovery DVD.
3. Select OK to start to restore the image.
4. Select OK to confirm the system recovery.
Restoring will overwrite your hard drive. Ensure to back up all your important data before the system recovery.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery process.
WARNING: DO NOT remove the Recovery disc during the recovery process unless instructed to do so. Or else your partitions will be unusable. Ensure to connect the power adapter to your Notebook PC when performing system recovery. Unstable power supply may cause recovery failure.
PLEASE NOTE: any of these procedures above WILL ERASE ALL data from your computer. Make sure you keep backups of all important data at all times!
How To Make Recovery Disks?
Windows 7 – Start Menu > Help & Support > Type: System Image, hit enter… Click on #2 “Back up your programs, system settings, and files”. Look for “System Image”, follow the directions, on a new operating system have about 5 DVD’s handy.
Mom and Pop Vapor Shop – American Made E-liquid and more!
Try “Tobacco Haze” excellent medium tobacco flavored ejuice!
“Buds Blend” is an excellent smooth tobacco flavor, also available in menthol!
Mom & Pops Vapor Shop – 10% Off All E Liquids Using Code 10off
- IDrive – FREE 5GB Backup Account – Protect your digital life with IDrive online backup.