For Windows XP
- Start Windows in Safe Mode (Press F8 On Boot Up)
- Then login under Administrator
- Once booted up in Safe Mode, right click on folder you need to access
- Choose “Sharing & Security”
- Choose Security Tab
- Click On Advanced bitton
- Choose The Owner tab
Select your user name from the list under “Change Owner” to
- Place a check mark in the “Replace Owner On Subcontainers & Objects”
- Click on “Apply/Ok”
Confirm for each permission request.
This should give you access to the folder or file for data recovery
IDrive – FREE 5GB Backup Account – Protect your digital life with IDrive online backup.