Power lights, media bar lights but no display? Black Screen?
Black Screen when tested with an external monitor?
A very, very common failure in these HP DV Series laptops! They were built by HP with a well known cooling design defect.
1 – HP & Nvidia manufacturing cooling/overheat defect.
2 – Lack of preventive maintenance & proper use by the owner.
More to the explanation of the problem near bottom of page.
If The Laptop Has Any Of These Symptoms Below:
- Power lights on, media bar lights on, no display, black screen.
- Power lights on, media bar lights flash on & off, no display, black screen.
- Power lights on, media bar lights flash on & off, laptop beeps, no display, black screen.
- Power lights flash and laptop turns right off.
- Laptop Turns On, Boots Up, But Randomly Turns Off – Overheating
Any, or all, or combination of the above with nothing on an external monitor, There Is A Good Chance We Can Fix The Problem. HP Pavillion DV2000, DV6000, DV9000 series laptops only.